HERITAGE DISPLAYS IN OUR PARCELS & MISCELLANEOUS VAN
Our Parcels & Miscellaneous Van, otherwise known as the green van or PMV, was initially used as a meetings room but was soon fitted out as a museum vehicle. This display was considerably enhanced during 2003 and then again in 2011 and it now forms an important interpretative element of BRHC’s work, displaying the history of the railway through Bideford from 1854 to 1982. In 2017 the interior of the van will be transformed into an interactive interpretative centre.
By 2012 the PMV had been completely restored. A major element of this project was the construction of eight new doors and the replacement of a considerable amount of rotten timber. It is now resplendent in Southern Region green livery.
See historical details of the PMV here.