Typical projects and activities
- Maintenance of Planet’s diesel engine;
- Maintain Planet’s bodywork;
- Painting Planet;
- Woodworking on brake van and PMV;
- Painting brake van and PMV;
- Installing and maintaining signalling equipment;
- Keeping site tidy;
- Weeding track;
- Tending station garden;
- Keeping signal box and PMV presentable;
- Track maintenance;
- Cutting back brambles around skip wagons;
- Acting as museum attendant in Bideford signalbox and the PMV;
- Opening Instow signalbox.
Training given for all of these activities.